40 x 48 Freezer Spacer
The faster food freezes, the better its quality. Quickly freezing food prevents the formation of large ice crystals and enhances food safety by giving bacteria and other microbes less opportunity to grow.
Airflow is a must if you want to freeze food quickly and safely. Using freezer spacers or pallet spacers increases air flow in your walk-in freezers. In doing so, it increases the quality of your product.
Our freezer spacers measure 40 by 48 inches, come in blue or black, and are easy to sanitize. To learn more and request a quote, contact us today.
|Load Rating Static (lbs)||
|Truckload Capacity 53'||
What Are Freezer Spacers?
Freezer spacers are heavy-duty plastic sheets that create space between stacked goods on a pallet. The spacers have an open lattice design that allows air to flow between layers of stacked products. They perform two functions. In addition to improving airflow, freezer spacers also help stabilize stacked layers.
Polymer Solutions International’s freezer spacers are available in blue or black. They measure 40 inches by 48 inches, the same dimensions as a standard pallet.
Features of Pallet Freezer Spacers
Our freezer spacers have the following features:
- Constructed of food-grade plastic: These pallet spacers are made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic (#2), which is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and designated as food safe.
- Open lattice construction: Our freezer spacers have an open lattice construction, meaning there are holes throughout the spacers. Air can flow freely through the holes, allowing users to stack foods upright during freezing without slowing down or interfering with the freezing process. The open lattice construction also helps the spacers support wet or soft products during tempering.
- Reversible: You can use our freezer spacers on either side, so there’s no “right” surface to face up.
Benefits of Freezer Spacers for Pallets
The benefits of using freezer spacers include:
- Improved freezing and product quality: Airflow is critical when freezing foods quickly. Our pallet spacers increase air flow around your products, locking in the food’s quality. Additionally, if you need to thaw products, the spacers allow water to flow away, reducing moisture damage.
- Easy to clean and sanitize: Since our pallet spacers are made from a food-grade, FDA-approved plastic, they are easy to clean and sanitize. You can heat this material up to temperatures that are hot enough to kill microbes without damaging the spacer itself.
- Regulatory compliance: Our freezer spacers comply with FDA and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) guidelines as well as Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) requirements.
- Easy to maneuver: These plastic freezer spacers are relatively lightweight (weighing 15.5 pounds). Since they are reversible, you can easily position them on top of stacked goods.