Environmental Impact of Bottled Water
The bottled water industry spends much time and resources on minimizing the environmental impact of its products. Many brands today prioritize sustainability and innovation to do their part for a healthier world.
What Is the Environmental Impact of Bottled Water?
While the bottled water industry is vested in effectively managing water and promoting environmental sustainability, there are both benefits and drawbacks of bottled water.
1. Benefits of Using Water Bottles
Bottled water producers are continuously working to reduce their environmental impact through beneficial solutions like the following:
- Environmental focus: By design, bottled water has a minimal environmental impact when compared to packaging types like glass, cans, and cartons. It takes less water and energy than alternative packaging and produces less greenhouse gas emissions.
- Sustainable packaging: Most plastic bottles are made from 100 percent recyclable materials, like high-density polyethylene (HDPE), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), and polycarbonate (PC).
- Recycling initiatives: The bottled water industry invests in and promotes recycling and a circular economy. By recycling bottles and reusing them to make new containers, they lower the need for virgin plastic.
2. Drawbacks of Using Water Bottles
There are some drawbacks to using plastic water bottles:
- Pollution: Plastic bottles are a source of pollution when not disposed of correctly or recycled.
- Cost: Buying bottled water can be more expensive than water out of the tap, although using gallon bottles for your employees or clients is more convenient.
Sustainable and Innovative Water Bottle Rack Solutions
Large containers of bottled water are exceptionally convenient for many scenarios. We proudly offer a range of Bottle-Up® display racks to give you a practical and sustainable storage solution:
- Bottle-Up® 02-SV: This rack allows you to store two bottles on top and two conveniently below for easy access.
- Bottle-Up® 03-DH: This three-tiered rack holds six bottles — two on each level.
- Bottle-Up® 04-DV: This rack is ideal for store displays, comfortably holding 12 bottles upright with a top section allowing room for custom branding.
- Bottle-Up® 05-DH: The tiered racks horizontally store 5-gallon water bottles and have a top panel available to customize or brand.
- Bottle-Up® Multi-Pack 12-SH: Build the rack in either a three-by-four or a four-by-three configuration to store 12 bottles horizontally.
- Bottle-Up® Multi-Pack 12-SV: Assemble this high-value multipack to have six four-bottle builds.
Browse Bottled Water Racks From Polymer Solutions International Inc.
Polymer Solutions International Inc. is a global leader in manufacturing and selling material handling products, including high-quality, sustainable bottled water racks. Our water storage solutions are expertly engineered and customized to meet your water storage needs.
Browse our wide selection of reusable and recyclable water storage racks online.