How to Properly Store Beer Kegs
Session beers, Belgian pale ales, Russian imperial stouts — there’s a craft beer for just about everyone. With over 9,000 craft breweries in the United States, the market is poised to continue growing from its current share of 26.8% of total sales. Steady consumption requires ongoing supply, underscoring the need for proper keg storage to keep the product in its best condition.
What Are the Best Ways to Store Kegs of Beer?
Restaurants, bars, distributorships, and hotels derive significant revenue from beer sales. If these facilities don’t store kegs correctly, they can face product and financial loss. Extend the beer’s life span and freshness by ensuring your space has:
- Consistent temperatures: Fluctuating temperatures can cause a beer to develop odd or unpleasant tastes.
- Limited light: Photochemical reactions can produce “skunky-tasting” beer. While kegs help limit light, keeping them in darker environments supports better taste.
- Effective organization: Stock rotation is a must for freshness, so it’s best to invest in a storage system that makes it possible.
Keg Rack Benefits
Racks are an ideal way to maximize storage, and you can choose them based on the number of kegs you regularly stock. Polymer Solutions International Inc. manufactures and supplies keg racks for food and beverage and material handling solutions.
Keg racking systems provide numerous benefits, including:
- Easy access: Products like the TierStack® keg rack and ProStack® option make it easy to categorize, locate and pull the right kegs while optimizing your storage space.
- First-in-first-out support: Our keg racks help ensure the first keg into storage becomes the first one you use to prevent outdated stock.
- Stability: Racks provide better storage stability and security for kegs’ irregular shape, enhancing workplace safety.
- Reusability: Our modular systems are easy to clean and demonstrate our commitment to sustainability.
- Affordability: Keg racks are durable and lightweight, providing extended use and cost-effective transportation solutions.
- Protection: Our racking options help protect your material handling equipment and the product during storage and transport.
- Time savings: Our innovative designs support more efficient loading, unloading and storage.
Buy Keg Racks From Polymer Solutions International Inc.
We’ve been a worldwide market-leading source for keg racks since 1997. Our engineers draw on decades of experience to develop proven racking systems and custom-designed solutions. Plus, we back our products with exceptional customer service and ongoing support to help you make the most of your investments.
Learn more or request a personalized quote today by contacting us online.